Projects are expected to contribute to some of the following outcomes:
At system level:
- Increase in number of R&I talents moving to host organisations in Widening countries
- Increase in international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral mobility of researchers and innovators
- Encouraging institutional reforms in research institutions and in the national R&I system in widening countries
- Strengthening of Widening countries’ human capital base in R&I with more entrepreneurial and better trained researchers and innovators
- Better communication of R&I results to society
- Better quality and capacity of research and innovation contributing to Europe's competitiveness and growth
- Improved excellence capacity and resources in Widening countries and close the still apparent research and innovation gap within Europe
At organisation level:
- Research excellence of the institution in the specific fields covered by the ERA Chair holder.
- Increased attractiveness of the institution for internationally excellent and mobile researchers.
- Creation of a permanent and excellent research group in the chosen scientific field with a spill-over effect on the institution;
- Improved capability to succeed in competitive research funding in the EU and globally, at least, in the fields of choice;
- Greater contribution to the knowledge-based economy and society