The project should contribute to all of the following expected outcomes:
- The establishment and development of a European network of practitioners and researchers in the field of democracy and civic deliberation and participation and citizenship education.
- Prioritised recommendations for European policy on strengthening and renewing European democracy across a broad range of areas, including digital democracy, education programmes, civic education and awareness raising, including via cultural and creative approaches, enhancing diversity and inclusion in democratic processes, and participatory and deliberative democracy.
- Support to policy makers in the EU and associated countries through networking events, and platforms, databases, knowledge repositories, advice and capacity building on enhancing diversity, civic participation, civic and citizenship education and innovative and experimental deliberation processes in a broad range of policy areas, including EU level decision making.
- Strengthen and structure cooperation between researchers in democratic theory, including rule of law, and practitioners in civic participation and deliberation, and between European policy-makers at all levels of government and legislative bodies, resulting in an ongoing mechanism for knowledge-sharing and linking up to relevant piloting and testing actions under Horizon Europe, Horizon 2020 and other EU programmes, such as the Citizen, Equality, Rights, and Values programme, in view of establishing innovative open democratic practices.
- Facilitate and strengthen the impact of democracy and governance related research and innovation on EU policies through contemporary innovative formats and promote their systematic accessibility to EU policy makers and other interested stakeholders.