Projects should contribute to all of the following expected outcomes:
- Support EU migration governance by assessing barriers and enablers of its return and readmission policy, and notably as regards obstacles to readmission in the countries of origin.
- Suggest avenues for international cooperation on migration between the EU, its Member States and countries of origin and transit of migrants.
- Consider alternatives to returning migrants to countries of origin and transit and evaluate human-rights related, political and financial trade-offs of these options.
- Develop recommendations based on analyses of stakeholders involved and financial and political costs associated to them.
- Develop innovative methodologies to analyse and evaluate negotiation strategies and positions of international actors on migration.